[dev] Do we really need HORDE_LIBS?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Apr 7 06:53:55 PDT 2004

>>> But with HORDE_LIBS the tarballs work out of the box, because we set
>>> HORDE_LIBS during the tarball creation.
>>
>> Right - we could instead put in an ini_set() call during tarball
>> creation that had the same effect.
>
> True.

I forgot to mention one of the main benefits of doing this - right now the
framework/ libs are a little confused because some of them use HORDE_LIBS to
include other libraries, and some of them try not to have Horde dependancies
and just rely on the include path.

This causes problems when HORDE_LIBS isn't just '', since either files aren't
found or aren't told apart from each other so we get multiple inclusion
errors.
So it seems like we either need to never use HORDE_LIBS inside framework/, or
always use it, and not using it is the more non-Horde-dependant way.

That's the main reason I'm thinking of ways to get rid of HORDE_LIBS if
possible.

-chuck