[dev] Cyrsql driver for Vilma

Marko Djukic mdjukic at horde.org
Thu Apr 8 06:22:56 PDT 2004

Quoting "Jason M. Felice" <jfelice at cronosys.com>:

> Quoting Vilius ?umskas <vilius at lnk.lt>:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > i'm currently writing cyrsql driver for vilma. I have some problems though.
> > Current Vilma files are very dependent on sql driver. There are lots
> > of column
> > and table names everywhere. But Cyrus SQL backend is different from
> > vilma's sql
> > backend. My question is: what is the best way to nail the problem?
> >
> > a) move all driver dependent strings to driver/cyrsql.php and create
> > additional
> > functions for domain/user listing, and forms generation?
> >
> > OR
> >
> > b) rewrite conf.xml, and ask a user to input all necessary tables AND
> > columns?
> >

> I vote for a).  I have to set up a cyrus server myself, and was planning on
> doing it another (less good) way.  I'm looking forward to seeing your driver.

not sure how cyrsql works, is it just the table names/columns that change?

if it's just that we could simply have a config/backend.php to define those?

otherwise if the whole sql layout is completely different needing different
functions, then yeah, go for a different driver.

--
Marko Djukic
Horde Project (http://horde.org)