[dev] Fwd: Horde webmail: mysql access

Marko Djukic mdjukic at horde.org
Tue Apr 27 04:02:38 PDT 2004

> Zitat von Marko Djukic <mdjukic at horde.org>:
>
> AFAIK, only the USAGE permission gets granted for the horde user from all
> hosts.

not sure what you mean by USAGE, but the 'horde@%' user gets write access to
tables (any table that wasn't created with a mysql specific script), not
modification of the actual table structure, if that's what you mean? ie. i can
view, modify, create and delete records.

> At least for the mysql_create.sql script, this has been fixed in Horde
> 2.1-RC2 over two years ago. I didn't check all script though, and at least
> category_mysql.sql in RELENG_2 has no host postfix in the GRANT statement.

yes, i think the *_mysql.sql files are mostly all fixed to include @localhost.
the problem is there are many apps that don't have mysql specific files but
only the regular *.sql without any host postfix since the @localhost is not
compatible with pgsql iirc.

would it be the case to create mysql specific scripts for all apps? or add a
commented line in the current scripts to note the difference?

m.

--
Marko Djukic
Horde Project (http://horde.org)