[dev] MIME Encoding and RFC 2231

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Thu Apr 29 16:34:42 PDT 2004

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2231.html

Found this thread:
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kdepim-users/2004-February/000299.html

A viable idea would be to implement encoding the way that it appears mutt gets
around this problem - by sending both the invalid, RFC 2047 encoded header and
the RFC 2231 header.

And I think the "holier than thou attitude" shown by the developer in that
thread is pretty repulsive.  I understand the need to follow standards, but
turning your back on the way the rest of the world operates doesn't seem to be
a valid response.  You think Outlook sucks?  That's your opinion, but that
doesn't mean you can just ignore it.

michael