[dev] Services_Weather error

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Fri Apr 30 11:51:04 PDT 2004

Quoting Jason Lohrenz <jlohrenz at pacificmedicaid.com>:

> I've configured my XML weather.com feed and have put the appropriate info
> into horde.
> I've installed the Services_Weather pear module.
> When I try to add the weather.com in the layout I get the following error:
>
> Services_Weather: Server data wrong or not available.
>
> Do I need a specific port open to get the feed?  Or am I missing something
> else?
>
> TIA!
>
> Jason Lohrenz
> IT Manager
> PMSI
> jlohrenz at pacificmedicaid.com

There have been recent reports of problems because Services_Weather
dependencies aren't installed, but those reports indicated that nothing was
displayed, and you are clearly getting an error. Apparently the PEAR installer
is reporting these as optional:

PEAR Package: Cache 1.5.3 or newer (optional)
PEAR Package: DB 1.4 or newer (optional)
PEAR Package: HTTP_Request 1.2 or newer (optional)
PEAR Package: SOAP 0.7.5 or newer (optional)
PEAR Package: XML_Serializer 0.8 or newer (optional)

However, the way it's implemented in horde, they are not optional. So, first
make sure all of these dependencies are installed.

I looked through the PEAR code, and the error you reported is returned under
several circumstances. To start with, if you can send me the location you're
trying to use, I can see if it works for me. Then we can go from there.

Thanks,
Rick

--
Rick Emery