[dev] Another DataTree patch

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed May 5 06:49:57 PDT 2004

Zitat von Vilius Šumskas <vilius at lnk.lt>:

> Hi Jan,
>
> Cituojama Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>
>> Zitat von Vilius Šumskas <vilius at lnk.lt>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I think I nailed this one: http://bugs.horde.org/details.php?id=130
>>> See patch attached.
>>
>> The first getCharset() call contained a parameter that didn't belong there,
>> but beside that, looks good. Committed, thanks.
>
> i don't know why that parameter is not required. But for me it
> correctly works
> only with it. Also check other calls to String::convertCharset with two
> parameters in that file. You can see that NLS::getCharset() goes with true
> parameter.

You should look at the code and try to understand what this parameter means.

It was necessary in the other cases because there we converted old data to
the new format and the old data was stored in the users' charsets. This
should never have happened with the new format, that's why existing
datatree attributes seem to work *with* the parameter, but simply because
they were saved in the wrong format originally.

Jan.

http://www.ammma.de - Neue Wege des Lernens
http://www.tip4all.de - Deine private Tippgemeinschaft=0