[dev] Another DataTree patch

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed May 5 07:52:11 PDT 2004

Zitat von Vilius Šumskas <vilius at lnk.lt>:

> Cituojama Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>
>> You should look at the code and try to understand what this parameter means.
>>
>> It was necessary in the other cases because there we converted old data to
>> the new format and the old data was stored in the users' charsets. This
>> should never have happened with the new format, that's why existing
>> datatree attributes seem to work *with* the parameter, but simply because
>> they were saved in the wrong format originally.
>
> I thought about this at first. But after that, I updated
> DataTree/sql.php from
> cvs (with your latest commit). Recreated my calendars', memo lists', and task
> lists' names. Looked at mysql. Now they where saved in correct charset
> specified in $conf['sql']['charset'], but still they were not showing
> correctly
> in horde web page. They where not converted back to UTF-8. Maybe this is
> because of i'm using windows-1257 as $nls['default']['charset'] ?

The default charset doesn't matter at all, the charset sent to your browser
is the interesting one.

But actually we simply missed two places where the attribute values have to
be decoded again. This is fixed now in CVS.

Jan.

http://www.ammma.de - Neue Wege des Lernens
http://www.tip4all.de - Deine private Tippgemeinschaft=0