[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: ansel/docs TODO

Ben Chavet ben at chavet.net
Mon May 10 08:00:27 PDT 2004

>   Start adding some todos from list discussion

- Allow images in multiple galleries.

Do you think that this would be used enough to justify the code
changes?  I ask,
because we currently have a 'copy' feature which essentially has the same
result.  Granted it uses extra space by making a 2nd copy of the image, but
think of this scenario:

* User1 has an image that User2 would like to include in his gallery, so he
links to it

* User1 decides to edit this image.

* User2 doesn't like the changes that User1 made to the image.  He now has to
decide if he wants the new image in his gallery or to just delete it
because he
doesn't have a copy of the original image.

Of course, we could keep track of when an image is edited & make a copy
at that
time.  IMO, copying an image to a different gallery wouldn't happen often
enough to justify complicating the code just to save that little bit of disk
space.  What does everybody else think?

--Ben