[dev] Re: [cvs] [Wiki] changed: FAQUser

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon May 10 18:52:14 PDT 2004

> I don't want to stop anybody working on this page (Mike?), but the toc can
> be generated automatically by Text_Wiki if all the content is in one page.

The problem with wiki numbering is that it changes as you add/delete/move
stuff.  Hence any links we post to the mailing list (or to help people)
can change at any time, making it hard to help people, or making the archives
obsolete.

So, it would be nice if there was some kind of permanent anchor tag we could
use, and if so, that it keep the old tags in place so the archive links (and
search engine links) don't break.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics