[dev] Localization issue

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Wed May 12 11:01:06 PDT 2004

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com>:

>> Jan Schneider wrote:

>>> This page is shown in whatever language you set as the preferred in your
>>> browser setup.
>>

>> I know that already.  It is being shown in French.  The problem is that
>> some element are not localized properly, so the login page is
>> half-french, half-english.  It happen that the elements not localized
>> properly seem to all come from Horde, where string coming from IMP _are_
>> localized properly.  Stuff that does not display in the correct locale :
>>
>> - Service name, as in "Welcome to <service name>" (it is being retrieved
>>   via $registry->getParam('name', ...) in horde/imp/login.php).
>>
>> - Content of horde/imp/config/motd.php
>>
>> - Logout reason, as provided by $auth->getLogoutReason()
>

> Neither "Welcome to" nor motd.php come from Horde.

Ok, but what could cause the logout reason not to be localized ?

Regarding horde/imp/config/motd.php, the string being displayed should
be localized, ie _("message"), and is in horde/po/fr_FR.po _and_
horde/imp/po/fr_FR.po.  Locale have been rebuilt with
"horde/po/translation.php make -m [horde|imp] -l fr_FR" and Apache have
been restart.  No luck yet.

Same for the service name in "Welcome to <service name>".

I don't expect to be spoonfed a solution, but a pointer toward what
might be wrong or knowing if other people are experiencing a similar
problem would be helpful.  If you don't think you can help, please don't
bother.