[dev] Accomodating Horde Suite for new cyrus-2.2.*

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Sat May 15 02:59:15 PDT 2004

Hello Marc,

Saturday, May 15, 2004, 6:18:57 AM, you wrote:

> On Fri, 14 May 2004, Vilius [windows-1257] Šumskas wrote:

>> > as of version 2.2.0 cyrus supports virtual domains, meening that
>> > mailboxes that look like a email address can be created. so in cyrus
>> > users can look like user/alexandru.barloiu at domain.org.
>>
>> As far as i know, this is not quite true. Virtual domain support is
>> still buggy,
>> for example you can't make postfix treat such usernames correctly.

> I've been using cyrus 2.2.x with postfix for over a year now without any
> issues ... what sort of problems are you aware of?

For example Postfix logs delivery to virtual address with the wrong
name. Also I just tried to create IMAP account with PHP using imap_createmailbox
and got syntax error response from cyrus server. I have one friend,
who had same problem with recent horde, so I commited a patch to solve
this behaviour. See:
http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php/framework/Auth/Auth/cyrsql.php?r1=1.27&r2=1.28&ty=h

It would be cool to hear other opinions (who is using horde with
cyrus+mysql+postfix) on this point.

--
Best regards,
 Vilius