[dev] Accomodating Horde Suite for new cyrus-2.2.*

Marc Jauvin marc at register4less.com
Mon May 17 18:14:05 PDT 2004

Yeah, I have used this in the past, but the pam_mysql has two problems:

   - there is a memory leak which end-up consuming ALL available memory
     (unless you fork a saslauthd process for every connection)

   - the queries to mysql are not as flexible as the SQL sasl_auxprop plugin.

The patch I created allow the password to be encrypted in the database.
The type
has to be provided as "{crypt}encrypted_password_here"

There is more work needed to add more encryption type, but it works great for
type=crypt.

Thanks.

Vilius Sumskas <vilius at lnk.lt> wrote:

> Cituojama Marc Jauvin <marc at register4less.com>:
>
>> How did you setup cyrus to use encrypted password with MySQL? The preferred
>> method to access mysql is with auxprop like:
>>
>>    sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
>>    sasl_auxprop_plugin: mysql
>>
>> but does not support encrypted passwords... I created a patch for this
>> to work,
>> I need to submit it to the cyrus developers.
>
> i use saslauth with pam_mysql plugin. It supports plain, mysql's md5,
> crypt-md5...
>
> more details here:
>
> http://www.delouw.ch/linux/Postfix-Cyrus-Web-cyradm-HOWTO/html/cyrus-config.html
>

> --