[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: chora browse.php

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri May 28 12:28:20 PDT 2004

>> This should not be done with files that exist in RELENG already. This will
>> cause problems with diff against older RELENG versions.
>
> Eh?
>
> I repo-copied cvs.php to browse.php. Then I deleted the copy of
> browse.php that
> appeared in RELENG. Is that what you're saying I shouldn't do? How will that
> cause problems?

Exactly. Because now, if you checkout CHORA_1_0 for example, there will be a
browse.php file that never was there. A more concrete problem will arise
when we release another stable Chora version. A version patch would then
try to delete a non-existing browse.php, causing the patch to fail.

> Or was there a browse.php there before that I missed?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting.php