[dev] IMP: Show localized INBOX-name instead of "INBOX"?

Malte Wedel ich at malte.de
Tue Jun 8 00:11:04 PDT 2004

> Quoting Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com>:
>
> > Eventually, I'll look into that and produce a patch.  I'll post it here
> > for those interested.
>
> And how do you intend to handle the case where a user *has* a folder of the
> translated name? Just hide it? Rename it for them?

You can always find broken scenarios, if you want to find them. In the special
case you describe, I would suggest just to show both folders with the same
name. Since the internal name is different, imp does not have a problem with
it.

A question to native english speakers: If the INBOX would not be called INBOX
but XY6RT2, would you like to explain your users, that XY6RT2 is defined in the
imap protocol and is a reserved name, and it means "Inbox" and they have to get
used to it?

I think if this change makes 90% of users of a localized imp happy, and 10% have
a folder with the same name or do not understand why INBOX is gone, it is worth
it.

Regards,
Malte