[dev] Fwd: Re: [cvs] commit: imp/lib IMP.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jun 14 08:34:49 PDT 2004

----- Forwarded message from ich at malte.de -----
    Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 17:28:53 +0200
    From: Malte Wedel <ich at malte.de>
 Subject: Re: [cvs] commit: imp/lib IMP.php
      To: chuck at horde.org

Thanks,

I think this is an important step for the localization of horde and I am happy,
that you decided to take this in.

I wondered, why there is more than one single point, where this INBOX-mapping
has to be done, and the reason I found out so far is: There is no abstraction
for the IMAP-communication, so there are several locations in the code, where
the imap server is called and a mailbox label is made of the internal mailbox
name.

Question: Are you interested to get a better abstraction for this, that perhaps
makes it possible to use IMP with protocols other than pop and imap in future?
Or do you think the risk is too high to destabilize IMP, and there are enough
other useful things to do?

Regards,
Malte

> chuck       2004-06-14 08:01:23 PDT
>
>   Modified files:
>     lib                  IMP.php
>   Log:
>   one more INBOX translation (Malte Wedel <ich at malte.de>).
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.426     +5 -3      imp/lib/IMP.php
>
>   Chora Links:
>   http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php/imp/lib/IMP.php?r1=1.425&r2=1.426&ty=u

"MySql ist doch eher ein Flatfile auf Drogen als ne richtige Datenbank."

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck