[dev] Globally change unicode utf-8 to iso-8859-1

Edwin Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Sat Jul 3 08:37:01 PDT 2004

With everything set to utf-8, I can write, send, receive abd read
all the Spanish characters in mail but I can't spell check.
Aspell could be the problem.  In fact I don't have a .dat file
for utf-8 as I have for all the iso-8859's.  I'm thinking that
the easiest way to solve the problem for both Spanish and
English would be to force iso-8859-1 as Unicode is the forced
default now.  Changing the nls.php default doesn't do the trick.
 Changing it writes my sent mail correctly but received mail
isn't correct.

Aren't folks who are using French, Spanish, Portugues, etc.
having problems?
Maybe you have a simple solution that I'm missing and I'd sure
like to hear how you've done it.

Thanks,

ed