[dev] new application [paper]

Andrew Coleman mercury at appisolutions.net
Wed Jul 28 15:08:26 PDT 2004

Hey guys. I have been tossing around the notion of a generic inventory
application based on Sesha... I have removed some of the functionality from
Sesha and made something that just tracks items, not computers for a `client`.
If you guys are kinda leery about committing a new application, I can get with
Bo sometime this week (?when isn't important, just email me...) and get the
Client/IP/Devices stuff working again. I don't really think adding that stuff
back in is neccessary, because if you add a new Horde_Form_Type of IP Address,
Turba Contact, and maybe FQDN all of the functionality from before will be
there. (USE CASE: you create a category called Computer with Properties {Turba
Contact, IP Address, FQDN, Software Verion[text], etc} and the Client/IP/Device
form is there)

Oh yeah, this version also has multiple category support (:^)

Here is the registry.php entry neccessary to activate Paper:
$this->applications['paper'] = array(
    'icon' => $this->applications['horde']['webroot'] .
'/paper/graphics/paper.gif',
    'fileroot' => dirname(__FILE__) . '/../paper',
    'webroot' => $this->applications['horde']['webroot'] . '/paper',
    'name' => _("Inventory"),
    'status' => 'active',
    'menu_parent' => 'office',
);

(Yes, it's Paper... because PaperTrail is too long)

--
Andrew Coleman

/-\   The ASCII
\ /   Ribbon Campaign