[dev] new application [paper]

Andrew Coleman mercury at appisolutions.net
Fri Jul 30 09:03:23 PDT 2004

> Like which part of nag tasks?
>
> -chuck

you'll hafta excuse my inability to express my thoughts at the moment. Black &
Tan is too tasty :)

What i was thinking, would be a step toward maybe having all of the
data entries
in all of the applications able to use a hierarchy of categories. But
with each
category you could also have a set of properties you could define for that
object in whichever category it was in. So, for example, say you had a
nag task
that you wanted to put into a "personal" category. Well, if you personal
category had an email address and cellphone number as properties, you would be
able to apply those properties to the nag task (how they are displayed is
getting somewhere else, but still...). You would also be able to apply
the same
properties to memos in the "personal" category, kronolith events, imp
messages,
etc.

Once you get to this point, you could also have perhaps a Horde_Data
service/class that would simplify the process of writing drivers for every
application... Perhaps something that would track the data in whichever
backend
you want, and keep up with categories, properties, and additional metadata
involved. That would allow just about anyone to write a little application
without much trouble, and have a centralized system of organizing the
information. But this service is just something that i was kinda pondering in
the past few days...

Ideas? thoughts? impressions?

--
Andrew Coleman