[dev] [framework-patch] csv export: Outlook friendly

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Aug 2 01:08:24 PDT 2004

Zitat von Francois Marier <francois at nit.ca>:

> Here's a patch to make Horde CSV files importable into MS Outlook.

There are more clients that can import CSV and Outlooks sense of CSV is,
well, kinda broken. If these changes should be applied, they must be
optional and activated during the export.

> It does 3 things:
>
>   - rename the fields so that Outlook will match them
>   - double quotes ( e.g. "Bob "big guy" Jones"  =>  "Bob ""big guy"" Jones" )
>   - use \r\n as the EOL
>
> All of the above are necessary to have Outlook compatibility.

But at least the double quotes and windows linebreaks will break some other
clients.

> Now, I also modified the import function so that the doubled quotes
> are replaced by single ones and that the field names are restored to
> ones that Horde can match automatically.
>
> I have made sure that we can still import CSV files that were exported
> using a previous version of Horde.  There are only two issues that
> this change brings with respect to importing new CSVs inside an older
> Horde:
>
>   1- older versions will not match the fields automatically
>   2- older versions will import the doubled quotes
>
> Francois

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting.php