[dev] [Patch] Check for requied attributes

Tarjei Huse tarjei+a_lists.phpgw at nu.no
Tue Aug 3 04:31:14 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 06:38, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Tarjei Huse <tarjei+a_lists.phpgw at nu.no>:
>
> > Hi, patch update. I've added some comments.
> >>  >

> I'd definitely commit this if the field could contain an empty string
> instead of
> N/A. Can it? Or does that go counter to how LDAP handles required fields?
I'm sorry, but it will not accept an empty string, a space is ok though.
I have changed the patch so it's possible to set the string in a
configfile.

Also, I've done my homework and modified the code so that it now checks
to see if the attribute in question is a string or not. This makes the
patch a bit larger (+60 LOC). I'd like input from other ldapusers on
what ldapsyntaxes should be ok.

Also, the patch now uses the existing ldapconnection instead of making
it's own.

Please comment.

Tarjei

--