[dev] [framework-patch] setting the charset (html attachments)

Francois Marier francois at nit.ca
Fri Aug 6 11:29:50 PDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 02:33:52PM +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:
> >1- the charset was quoted with double quotes (e.g. charset="koi8-r"
> >instead of charset=koi8-r) which prevented Mozilla from reading it
> >properly.
>
> I doubt this was the cause, as the quotes are mandatory per RFC iirc and I'm
> pretty sure that Mozilla has absolutely no problem with that.

I tested it again with Mozilla 1.4.2 and the charset is not set
automatically with the quotes are present.  It is set automatically
when they are not present however.  You can try it with the russian
spam email I attached.

> >2- the charset was set twice when setting the type (e.g. "text/html;
> >charset=koi8-r; charset=koi8-r")
>
> Can you send an example message that triggered this?

Attached to this email.  I used the mozilla "live http headers"
extension to see the charset as it was sent by Horde.

Francois