[dev] [imp-patch] default mailbox for create folder

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Aug 6 18:56:49 PDT 2004

Quoting Francois Marier <francois at nit.ca>:

> I looked at the code again and thought about trying the prefix only if
> the first createFolder() call fails.  Can you think of any problems
> with this approach ? (see attached patch)

I don't think it would necessarily break anything, but it's just kind
of, well,
ugly. I'd rather solve the problem in another way - either by parsing
NAMESPACE
information, or by revising our 'folders' and 'namespace' configuration
options
to be clearer (and potentially adding more options if necessary) to allow the
admin tell IMP where folders can/should be created.

> Thanks for your comments Chuck, I hadn't thought about those problems.
> Even if you choose not to include this hack in the code, I'd still
> like to improve my patch so that it works better for the customers of
> the company I work for (http://open.nit.ca).

Well, thanks to them and to you for all the edges you've been polishing
lately.
:)

-chuck