[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: kronolith/lib Driver.php

John Morrissey jwm at horde.net
Tue Aug 10 07:04:48 PDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 11:06:57PM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting John Morrissey <jwm at horde.net>:
> >  Log:
> >  If an event is set to recur on the 31st of each month, it will show up on
> >  the 30th of the months that don't have 31 days (or 28/29 for February).
>
> Whoa, whoa. This is not what that kind of recurrence means. I could see
> adding a new recurrence type or case for it, but I'm going to revert this
> patch.

How so? It seems nonsensical to create an event that recurs only if the
month has >28 days. I think the case where someone only wants to do
something on the actual "29th" ... "31st" day of the month is *much* more
limited than those who mean "end of the month" or "last day of the month."

Otherwise, how can you create an event that recurs on the last day of the
month, whatever it happens to be?

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o