[dev] [imp-patch] default mailbox for create folder

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Aug 10 18:13:04 PDT 2004

Quoting Francois Marier <francois at nit.ca>:

> I just noticed the 'namespace' server option in
> imp/config/servers.php.  Instead of hardcoding the inbox name, I
> changed my latest patch to use "$imp['namespace']".  Is that what you
> meant by parsing the namespace info ?

No. This is what I mean:

http://www.apps.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2342.html

I see two paths to go down. Both of them involve significantly revising our
current 'folders' and 'namespace' configuration values.

1. Open a seperate socket connection to the IMAP server and issue a NAMESPACE
command on login, parsing the returned information and configuring ourselves
appropriately.

2. Have the admin enter the information that NAMESPACE would return in
servers.php in the entry for each server, instead of the current settings.

> Or maybe what's ugly about it is the fact that on an error, it tries
> the create folder operation again but with a prefix ?  I guess a
> better way to do this would be to parse the folder before trying it
> and see if it starts with one of the top-level folders.  Is there a
> way we can get a list of all top-level folders ?

Yes, but what if they're creating a new top-level folder? Same problem.

-chuck