[dev] Questions about using IMP authentication

Josh Endries josh at endries.org
Tue Aug 17 13:30:05 PDT 2004

Hello,

I need to write a module that interacts with our IMAP server. I
currently have the module working, but users need to log in a second
time, to my module, after logging into Horde (which uses IMP for
authentication). I'm wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on
how to integrate/use IMP's pre-existing authentication and/or IMAP
connection information within my module. All I really need is to talk
to the IMAP server as the user that is logged in (send commands and
receive output). The server I'm testing/writing this for uses the CVS
version of Horde+IMP, in case there are differences in how I can
achieve this between stable and CVS.

I've looked through IMP's code and some docs on dev.horde.org and
played with a bunch of test scripts, and I'm not sure if/how I can
use IMP's connection info...or grab the auth info to create my own.
I'm hoping someone more familiar with how it works can give me some tips.

Thanks,
Josh
--