[dev] [patch] Ansel doesn't honour online help setting

Roel Gloudemans roel at gloudemans.info
Wed Aug 18 12:29:05 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I noticed that Ansel doesn't honour the

$conf['user']['online_help']

setting from the global Horde config. I made a patch for this for
templates/menu/menu.inc

I also added one other thing I want to drop. Normally, most Horde apps (except
e.g. giapeto) show the Option icon in the top menubar when accessing it as
guest. In my opninion this is mostly not wanted. There are a few possibilities

1) Show it anyway but disable it for specific apps (like giapeto)
2) Never show the icon (like in the included patch)
3) Make a configuration variable for it like for the online help (this produces
the most consistent result)
4) Make it configurabe for each application

What's the best option? (I'm willing to implement it if it's option 2 or 3)

I created two versions of the patch, one with and one without the disabling of
the options icon.

Cheers,
Roel.