[dev] Identity crisis :-))

Didi Rieder adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at
Mon Aug 23 09:07:36 PDT 2004

--On Monday, August 23, 2004 04:47:37 PM +0200 Jan Schneider
<jan at horde.org> wrote:

>> 2.) Identities and languages:
>> A new user logs on to the system after selecting "German" as language
>> at=20 the logon page and creates his/her "default identity". Then the
>> user sends=20 some messages and logs out again.
>> So far so good.....
>> Now the same user logs in but selects "English" as language at the
>> logon=20 page. Now the identity does not show up (e.g. in IMP or Horde)
>> although it=20 still exists in the database.
>> The only thing that helps is log out and then log in with the language
>> used =
>>
>> for creating the identity.
>> If the user has set its default language (e.g.) to German and logs on
>> with=20 English selected at the logon page the identity doesn't show up
>> either. Unfortunately I don't have a patch for this.....
>
> Can't reproduce this.

Did you try with a "new" user, I mean a user that never logged in before
and therefore has no records in the Horde DB?

Select "Deutsch" as language at the login page -> login -> create a Default
Identity in IMP -> logout -> Select "English" at the login page -> login ->
The default Identity just created doesn't show up -> logout -> select
"Deutsch" at the login page -> login -> The default Identity is here again

I'm running this on Sun/Solaris 9, apache 1.3.31, php-4.3.8, mysql as prefs
storage using Firebird/Linux and MS/IE WinXP as client

Didi

--
Didi Rieder
adrieder at sbox.tugraz.at