[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: hordeweb/bounties bounties.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Tue Aug 24 21:32:59 PDT 2004

Quoting Marko Djukic <mdjukic at horde.org>:

> mdjukic     2004-08-24 15:02:39 PDT
>
>   Modified files:
>     bounties             bounties.php
>   Log:
>   sponsored bounties
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.83      +10 -4     hordeweb/bounties/bounties.php

For the return receipt bounty, the current implementation request in
the bounty
information is unfortunately very far away from the RFC.  The RFC that will
need to be followed is RFC 2298 (http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2298.html
- in RFC
terms, these are called Message Display Notification).  As anyone can see by
looking at the RFC, this is a very complex system - I looked at this about a
year ago, but it was too complicated for me to tackle at that time.

Even though sponsorship for the bounty has already been received, I am
entirely
against any kind of non-RFC implementation being integrated into IMP.  Just my
two cents.

(On a related note, implementing true DSNs - delivery status
notifications - is
even more troubling.  See http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1894.html)

michael