[dev] [patch] ansel stripslashes

Andrew Coleman mercury at appisolutions.net
Wed Aug 25 08:49:25 PDT 2004

Jan Schneider wrote:
> This doesn't make sense to me. The image name should be returned without
> slashes instead. or probably stored without slashes in the first place, if
> it isn't already.
>
> Jan.

The image filename is being returned with slashes for the backend. That
is fine, it saves having to convert the name later to a shell-safe (or
sql) name. But, when a caption is not present, the filename is used
instead. I had a picture with a apostrophe in the filename, and i was
getting a slashed apostrophe. it looks ugly :(

Is there a better way of approaching this problem? Besides putting a
caption on all of my pictures...

--
Andrew Coleman
mercury at appisolutions.net