[dev] Horde authentication broken

Roel Gloudemans roel at gloudemans.info
Sun Sep 5 04:05:18 PDT 2004

I don't yet know why, but the following line in Secret.php causes the problem:

(function setKey under else from the first if statement)
$key = $_COOKIE[$keyname . '_key'] = session_id();

if it's changed to:

$key = session_id();

There's no problem. A smae construction exists within getKey. I use Horde for
authentication (not imp). Accounts are stored in LDAP, settings in mySQL
database. With Secret.php as current I see a "log in" link in het imp block on
the portal page. If it's clicked imp goes into an endless loop between
redirect.php and login.php. When login calls redirect with autologin=1
redirect
can't get the user password. It's always empty. Redirect then swithes back to
login.php.

I don't (yet) understand why $_COOKIE is set at all, since the cookie
has yet to
be created in on the client side. (And why it interferes)

Cheers,
Roel.