[dev] Blank login page

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Tue Sep 7 07:32:08 PDT 2004

First, let me apologize if the fix for this is obvious. I run HEAD and follow the cvs and dev mailing lists, but had to suspend delivery of messages to take my server down on Friday for the hurricane.

I brought my server back up yesterday, logged in to IMP, and read my mail. In the process, I noticed that the sidebar wasn't updating, so I updated my install from cvs, updated the configuration files, and ran the framework install. I also stopped apache, dumped the php accelerator cache (I've since turned off the accelerator), and restarted apache.

When I go to the page to login (I have an alias, so usually go to http://[servername]/webmail, but have tried explicitly http://[servername]/horde and http://[servername]/horde/imp), I get a blank page. No source, and there are no messages in the horde log or the apache log.

I tried some troubleshooting with var_dump, and see that I get data dumped until this line in horde/lib/base.php (about line 34):

$registry = &Registry::singleton();

If I place a var_dump (say, for example, Util::nonInputVar('session_control'))) before this line, I get output. If I place it after this line, I get nothing.

Were there any commits in the past few days that I've missed that might be causing me trouble? Did I miss a file when I updated? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Rick