[dev] [patch] horde/templates/javascript/tree.js

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Sep 15 12:35:37 PDT 2004

Quoting Marc Jauvin <marc at r4l.com>:

> > I agree with Chuck, especially on the small target point, but also on the
> > rest.  But I don't want to see the names *look* like a link (underline,
> etc),
> > just act like a dynamic menu does (expand when you click on it).
>
> Eric, what do you suggest?

That it not look like a link, but that it be clickable (either via javascript
or some other way).

> The way I understand it, you would want something
> like:
>
>    style="cursor: default"

I have no idea.  Sorry, I'm not that into css and what have you, and I don't
have any clue what the above would look like or how it would function.

> where the cursor would not change to a "hand" when going over the label, but
> would still allow the label to be clickable and toggle the menu expansion?

I don't really care if the cursor changes to a hand or not myself, I'll leave
that up to others.  But:

* I don't think it should look like a typical link (underline, different color
than other text, changes color when visited, etc).  It should just look like
it does not, but allow you to click on it.

* It should not expand/contract by mouseover.  You should actually have to
click on it to expand/collapse it.

At one time, the menu did work this way, and I missed it when it went
away.  It also worked other ways, none of which I've missed.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!