[dev] dataThree _load limit

Duck duck at obala.net
Thu Sep 16 09:55:04 PDT 2004

On Thursday 16 of September 2004 14:10, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> I can't see how this won't end up breaking applications very easily; you
> can't predict how much data you *need* to load, because it loads parent
> objects as well.

Of course we if the limit parameters aren't supplied, the loading is acting as
before. But in some occasion we can count the number of objects and predict
the part we will need.

For example. In Agora forum list now we use to select all the forums and their
threads to print the number of threads and to echo the last message. But if
we can limit the DataThree::get method we can just count the messages and
than we can load only the last message.

I tasted this on my laptop, whit 10 testing forums and 24.000 messages. The
forum list nither shows up. But whit this approach I can receve the form list
immediately. In any case we must find a way to optimize Agora to retrieve
only the parts of data/threads that we display per page. Because now it is
slow and high ram-consuming.

Duck