[dev] Database script naming proposal

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Sep 17 12:17:10 PDT 2004

I'd like to make our .sql scripts as consistent as possible before the Horde 3
release as part of documentation improvements and potential future automation.
So, here are the changes I'd like to make in CVS:

- move all SQL scripts into app/scripts/sql for consistent naming.
- generic scripts are named either app.sql or table_name.sql
- database-specific scripts are named script_name.dbdrivername.sql
- batch scripts *must* cover all tables defined in other scripts in the
directory and are called create.dbdrivername.sql

"dbdrivername" means the name of the PEAR::DB extension driver for that database
- so, pgsql, oci8 (not oracle), etc.

How's that sound to folks?

-chuck

--
"But she goes not abroad in search of monsters to destroy." - John Quincy Adams