[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/graphics search.png

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Sep 22 07:59:50 PDT 2004

>> No, no. Please no script workarounds just to display transparent icons.
This
>> is just silly, not as silly as the broken browser leading to such hacks,
but
>> still.
>
> Why is it sillier than sticking with poor-quality images that can't work
well
> with disparate themes?

Because it adds bulk for all browsers. But I found a nice solution without
javascript while browsing all those png-alpha-transparency-on-ie-suck
websites.

We generate all image tags with Horde::img() anyway, so we should check
there if the browser is IE on windows (Mac version support alpha
transparency) and the image is a PNG. Only in this case we use the filter
workaround. How does that sound?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/