[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: framework/Perms Perms.php

Stuart K Bingë omicron-list at mighty.co.za
Thu Sep 23 03:26:41 PDT 2004

On Thursday, 23 September 2004 12:08, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Stuart Binge <omicron-list at mighty.co.za>:
> > stuart      2004-09-23 03:00:03 PDT
> >
> >   Modified files:
> >     Perms                Perms.php
> >   Log:
> >   Added the PERMS_ALL constant, which has the value of a combination
> > of all possible permission values.
>
> Just a warning, that this might not always contain all permissions as some
> applications define their own permission levels.

Ah. Perhaps we could make the documentation more explicit about this fact? Or
maybe change its name to something like PERMS_BASE or PERMS_ALL_BASE?

The reason I included it was because I have already been using it in the Kolab
library (originally defined it there). These four basic permission levels are
the only levels I've been using, and there have been several occasions where
I needed to remove all permissions at once - the bitmask was getting a bit
verbose.

I thought it would make more sense to include it where the PERMS_xxx levels
are actually declared though, so I moved it here.

--
Stuart K Bingë
 - Freelance UNIX/C++, PHP, Perl developer.

Email: omicron at mighty.co.za