[dev] Release plan

Andrew Coleman mercury at appisolutions.net
Fri Sep 24 15:20:37 PDT 2004

> I'm reluctant to extend the time we take for this at all, but I want to
> propose
> another stage: an API-review stage, where we look at APIs and other design
> elements that we're not quite happy with that'd be hard to change without
> breaking backwards compatibility. We then assess if it's something we
> can sort
> out quickly, or if it'll just have to wait.

I think the API review would be a much better place to start than a
code freeze
for just bugfixes and documentation stuff. The ever changing API needs to be
finalized before a beta is released... If several people start using the beta
then  (myself included) they would probably expect the API to be stable enough
to continue using the same stuff when the finished product is released

Just my $.02 US

--
Andrew Coleman

   -The revolution will not be televised.