[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: framework/Text package.xml framework/Text/Text/Filter bbcode.php emails.php emoticons.php linkurls.php rst.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Sep 27 08:40:54 PDT 2004

>> Using dirname(__FILE__) also goes against PEAR standards, though. So
>> maybe we
>
> Huh, how's that? And does it make sense?

I can't find the reference, I think it's come up on the pear-dev list several
times though.

I believe the reasoning is to avoid paths that look different but are the same
(../../foo.php vs. ../foo.php from the parent dir, for example) so that code
caches, etc. can behave more efficiently.

>> should fix the pear run-tests script instead...
>
> No, this is by design. And we *want* to test the script version that's
> inside framework, not the one being installed.

So maybe a set_include_path() call somewhere in the test? Dunno...

-chuck

Quincy Adams