[dev] Small correction to kronolith/lib/Kronolith.php

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Tue Sep 28 05:49:42 PDT 2004

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com>:
>
>> Here are a few fixes to make Kronolith iTip invitation better.  I do not
>> submit a patch since I do not have a recent HEAD verison installed, but
>> I checked against the current HEAD via the web interface and I can see
>> these still need fixing.
>>
>> This is all to be done in kronolith/lib/Kronolith.php from line 1236
>> down to line 1252 in the sendiTipNotification() function.
>>
>> First, add :
>>
>>          $mime->setType('multipart/mixed');
>>
>> to make the iTip display alongside the body of the message in IMP when
>> the itip mime_driver is set to display inline.  mutlipart/alternative
>> message only show the text/plain part otherwise.
>

> Sounds reasonable enough to me, but what does that do (if anything) to how
> Outlook treats it?
>
> Seems like this is more of an IMP client issue than a Kronolith issue.

Yes, exactly.  I think IMP is doing the right thing by showing only the
first part of a multipart/alternative message, and both part of a
multopart/mixed one.  Thus why I think it is preferable to send
multipart/mixed in the first place.

This is unrelated to Outlook indeed.  The requirements related to my
test with Kronolith keep being chnaged under me, so I may somewhat hard
to follow.  Sorry 'bout that.