[dev] PASSWD and VPOPMAIL

Joaquim Homrighausen joho at webbplatsen.se
Tue Sep 28 07:13:31 PDT 2004

Very odd.. I've played with the PASSWD module and am using the VPOPMAIL backend.
I cannot for the life of me figure out which encryption method to use (I'd like
the password comparison/check to be done against the encrypted password if at
all possible). VPOPMAIL uses MD5-passwords, or so the configuration says, the
strings in the encrypted field all start with $1$ (well, 95% of them anyway)..
which I thought was a good indicator of an MD5 salt.. but.. to no avail. I get
nothing but "Incorrect password" back from PASSWD.

(HEAD20040928 btw, of everything)

-Joaquim