[dev] ansel slowed down

Ben Chavet ben at chavet.net
Sun Oct 3 21:15:06 PDT 2004

I haven't been keeping up as well as I probably should have, so if this has
already been discussed, I apologize...

Ever since I updated a couple of days ago, ansel has decided to go really slow
again when getting a gallery list, even when you are only looking for 9 at a
time.  I've poked around as much as I have time for & haven't really come up
with much.  I noticed that there are a lot of SQL queries, some of which are
returning a lot of data.

Is anybody else seeing this?  From what's come across the list, I think Duck
probably has the biggest installation and would be most likely to be seeing
these problems.

I didn't see anything new in ansel that might be causing this.  Has something
changed in datatree recently that might be affecting the performance?  I looked
at the cvs repository, but I don't have that good of a grasp on the
inner-workings of the datatree system.

--Ben