[dev] Ansel storeImage, numImages, getImageUrl, getDefaultImage API calls

Duck duck at obala.net
Sun Oct 10 04:18:45 PDT 2004

On Sunday 10 of October 2004 05:02, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:
> > I resubmit the patch of storeImage Ansel API call. This one returns
> > PEAR:Errors on error and the "permission" parameter for gallery creation.
> > I also added numImages, getImageUrl and getDefaultImage functions
>
> This looks interesting (I have it applied and cleaned up locally - btw,
> please take a read through horde/docs/CODING_STANDARDS for spacing
> stuff...), but it also seems like a fairly awkward API. Are you using this
> anywhere? How would you envision it being used? Etc...
>
> -chuck

yes. I'm using it in an article management and user profiles module, where I
sore article image in Ansel and user image.

An basic example how I use it in the article manager. (Using VFS direct).

In a Horde_Form I have an image variable called "picture". When the form is
submitted I store the image id like this.

if ( getimagesize(@$info['picture']['file']) !== FALSE ) {
    $image = $registry->call('photos/saveImage', array('news',
                                                       $id,
                                                       $info['picture'],
                                                       true,
                                                       $conf['images'],
                                                       null) );
    if (!is_a($image, 'PEAR_error')) {
        $sth = $news->db->prepare("UPDATE news SET picture=? WHERE id=?");
        $news->db->execute($sth, array($image['image-id'], $id));
    }
}

Then, in the article browsing, I output the image like this:

$image_data = array("news", $row["picture"], "thumb", false);
$img = $registry->call("photos/getImageUrl",  $image_data);
echo Horde::img($img, stripslashes($row["title"]), '', '') ;

The $conf['images'] consist of an configuration array of the thumbnail and
image dimensions. I attached the conf.xml part I add to the modules where I
use this calls.

Duck