[dev] Kronolith and holidays, etc.

Joaquim Homrighausen joho at webbplatsen.se
Tue Oct 12 00:24:25 PDT 2004

Many calendar-type applications for PDA:s and "SmartPhones", etc. have the
ability to "import" a set of special occasions such as national holidays,
religious holidays and so on. Using Kronolith and a separate calendar (or two),
this would be fairly easy to accomplish.

But this is something that may need to be reset once a year and re-imported
(since some of these occasions do not have mathematical rules applied to them
such as "Third sunday after this and that"); furthermore, I'd want all users to
see these calendars, "subscribed" or not. And they should be read-only.

There's also the issue of "names days".. which I guess is a Christian tradition
(just a guess, probably wrong :-)..

All of these should probably be "whole day events" with just a "title" and
possibly a "description".

Am I thinking along somewhat reasonable lines.. or is there another way of doing
it?

-Joaquim