[dev] htmlspecialchars() (was: gollem - Undefined class name'menu')

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Oct 26 11:02:17 PDT 2004

Quoting Michael Elsdörfer <michael at elsdoerfer.net>:

>> Put in code to log the object if there's an object there.
>
> What's that supposed to mean exactly? I would be willing to do some
> debugging...

It means that:

> >> Warning: htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given
> >> in /usr/local/lib/php/Horde/Notification/Listener/status.php on line 85

... on line 84, or so (just above line 85, avoiding control
structures), put in
some code like:

if (is_array($appropriateVariableName)) {
     var_dump($appropriateVariableName);
     var_dump(debug_backtrace());
}

... so you can figure out where the bad parameters are coming from.

-chuck

Quincy Adams