[dev] PGP Mime implementation

Eric Sheesley esheesle at bcpl.net
Wed Oct 27 08:50:18 PDT 2004

I downloaded and began running the cvs version of horde/imp about a week
ago.  Great product.  Love that it can do encryption.  The only problem I
have run into is that few if any services or mail clients that are widely
used support PGP/MIME.  I personally use Outlook w/ PGP from home(which
should fully support just about any type of PGP) and many of my friends use
hushmail which touts being 100% Openpgp compliant.  Was there a reason that
PGP/MIME was chosen over the standard way of just having the contents as
part of the message?(not a separate mime part)  Does anyone know what I
would need to modify to make it work that way?  I've started looking into
the various compose functions and found a few areas that looked promising
but haven't gotten a chance to make modifications yet.

Thanks,
Eric