[dev] New new.png for Kronolith

Derek P. Moore derekm at hackunix.org
Wed Oct 27 10:42:46 PDT 2004

> I don't like these icons either, they don't match anything we have in
> Kronolith so far. I'd like to see how a text solution would look like.

Well, I wasn't expecting these icons to be any sort of final product.
They were
very much rough drafts, mostly meant to get everybody thinkin' (well,
mostly to
get myself thinking), and maybe get somebody more artistic to give it a shot.

I think "New Event" does need an icon.  A simple text-based '+' might be nice,
but then "New Event" wouldn't really have a good icon for the sidebar on the
left and the menu at the top.  While a '+' might work for each day in the
various calendar views, I don't think it'd work very well in menus or
sidebars.

Maybe I'll try playin' around with the current "New Event" icon, removing the
'1' and trying other things in the middle.

Currently, I'm using the icon with the star.  It doesn't look too bad when put
in place.  I think it looks similar to the "Today", "Day", "Week", and "Month"
icons, but smaller (as it need to be).

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Peace out,

Derek