[dev] Apache segfaulting on login

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Fri Nov 5 07:56:52 PST 2004

After a CVS update this morning, Apache segfaults when I try to log in. Before
this morning, I updated recently, so I know it was a recent commit that was
causing me problems. Looking back through the cvs list postings, I saw that
some string handling functions were causing Michael some pain, so I removed
the strcasecmp calls from framework/IMAP/IMAP/Tree.php, but I'm still having
the problem.

Unfortunately, I haven't been successful in generating a backtrace (I followed
the instructions on the php web site, but can't get it to work; "gdb
/usr/sbin/httpd" seems to start OK, but the browser reports "connection
refused").

So, before I go any further trying to figure out what's going on, I thought
I'd check to see if anybody else was having problems (haven't seen anything
posted so far, so I guess not :-)

Any suggestions? I miss my Horde :-(

Thanks in advance,
Rick