[dev] Broken Image Links in Weather.Com Portal Block

Brandon W. Uhlman brandon.uhlman at ssrlibrary.ca
Fri Nov 5 08:11:02 PST 2004

For locations with "not available" forecasts, the Weather.com portal block tries
to load one of

.../horde/themes/horde/graphics/block/weatherdotcom/32x32/-.png
.../horde/themes/horde/graphics/block/weatherdotcom/23x23/-.png

depending on which size it wants (32x32 for current conditions, 23x23 for
forecasts)

The appropriate file, though, is actually called na.png in each of these
directories. Based on a peek through CVS, it appears these file names haven't
changed since forever, which probably means it's a change either with
Weather.com's XML feed or Services_Weather; I'm not sure which.

Seems like the easiest fix is just to rename these two files to "-.png"; I'd
submit a patch, except they haven't invented patches that powerful yet. Also,
wasn't quite sure whether to send this to dev or horde. Hopefully, I guessed
right.

~B

Brandon W. Uhlman, Systems Administrator
Chair, Occupational Health and Safety Committee
South Shore Regional Library
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia

"Only librarians like to SEARCH for things;
everybody else likes to FIND them."
- Roy Tennant