[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/lib prefs.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Nov 21 08:52:51 PST 2004

>>   should we move all the structural stuff into an entirely different
>>   base css file? seems like that would solve a lot of this confusion -
>>   we should always require a theme, but it'd be easier...
>
> I was always against this, but I guess I'm convinced now.

After a little more discussion with Jan, here's what we came up with
and what I
intend to do:

- move all of the main structural CSS into themes/screen.css. This will always
be loaded. themes/horde/graphics/ will also become themes/graphics/.

- same thing at the application level (ugh)

- There will be no "default" theme except as set in config/prefs.php. You'll
always need to have some theme selected.

- The current "Horde Standard" theme will be renamed to "Purple Horde" and go
into themes/purple/.

- All of the other themes will need to be touched up to make sure that they
include the style information that used to be in the Horde theme that now will
need to be explicitly specified. I'm going to do all of the other steps before
this one and will gladly take help from theme authors or anyone else in
finishing up this last step.

Seperately, I'm opening a ticket for fixing the behavior of "Use
Default Value"
in preference enum fields.

-chuck

Quincy Adams