[dev] smtp mailer set in imp/config/servers.php not used ... ?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Sat Nov 27 00:08:05 PST 2004

from reading the various config files, namely servrs.php in imp, I believe
I should be able to set:

$conf['mailer']['params']['auth'] = 'CRAM-MD5';
$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'smtp';

and subsequently have my 'server' variable in servers.php used for the
smtp server ... but, its trying to delivry via the localhost instead of
the remote host ...

I have server and smtphost in imp/config/conf.php set to:

substr($_SESSION['imp']['user'], strpos($_SESSION['imp']['user'], '@')+1)

which is working for connecting to the IMAP server to read mail, just
doesn't seem to be working to send email ...

Setting it in conf.php works, but then I'm hardcoded it, and, of course,
adding th above line to th main horde/config/conf.php doesn't work ...

help?

----